In today's age of texting and social media, we pride ourselves on our ability to 'read typos'. Our eyes have adapted to overlook misspellings and missing letters.
Omission challenges you to put your language detective skills to the test with a deceptively simple challenge: Find the missing letter! A famous quotation will be displayed, with all the instances of a single letter removed. For example...
"O be or no o be, ha is he quesion."
How fast can you figure out the missing letter? It's a race to beat the clock (unless you choose another mode) as you try to complete as many passages as you can. The faster you answer, the more points you gain.
But don't let your guard down! Omission is designed to conceal any evidence of the missing letter, and that's enough to sometimes stump even the professional writers who designed it!
Omission releases Spring 2018!
Want to get your hands on the game early? We are looking for people to playtest Omission before its release! It's fun and easy, and totally free to sign up.
- Get first access to Omission!
- Get your name in the game credits.
- Help us make our game even better.
How It Works
- Register with your name and email address at survey.mousepawmedia.com. A unique link to the registration form will be emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you don't get it within a few minutes, check your spam folder!)
- Click the link in the email, and complete the application form. You are not registered until you submit the application.
- If you are selected as a playtester, you will receive the instructions to install and play the pre-release version of Omission.
- In August, you will receive a unique link to complete the game testing survey. Complete the survey by August 21st.
- Timed, Survival, and Infinite modes.
- Mode-specific scoreboards.
- Dyslexic-friendly design.
- Fully customizable game settings.
- Keyboard-only gameplay.
NOTE: Features subject to change. Not all features are available in the pre-release.
- 100% free to download, play, and share!
- Open Source (BSD-3 License)
- Written in Python 3
- Kivy-based interface
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux